BOQ Finance (Aust) Limited ABN 56 065 745 735 and its related bodies corporate (we, us, our) collect information (including credit information) about you and any guarantor for the purpose of your credit application (your personal information) and for the other purposes that you agree to in this privacy disclosure statement and consent. We are required to disclose certain information to you about the collection of your personal information collected pursuant to this statement pursuant to the Privacy Act 1988 (Cth) as amended (Privacy Act).
Your personal information (including credit information)
You acknowledge and agree that the personal information collected by us about you may include credit information (including information requested by us about you from credit reporting agencies). The other types of personal information that we may collect can include (but is not limited to) your name (and any prior names), address (and prior addresses), date of birth, contact details, income, employment arrangements, employer contact details, assets, liabilities, expenses, account balances, tax and financial statements, bank statements, risk profile and dependents.
How do we collect your personal information?
Whenever possible, we collect your personal information from you. However, there are occasions when we collect personal information about you from services elsewhere (for example, we collect credit information about you from credit agencies). If we are unable to collect your personal information, we may be unable to process your application, or we may be limited in the services that we can offer you.
Personal information about other persons
To the extent that you have provided us with personal information about other persons, you confirm that you have the consent to disclose such information and that each such person has consented to in your application and disclosure of their personal information as described in this statement and you have informed each such person of their rights in respect of information as described in this statement.
We are collecting your personal information and we will use your personal information to make an assessment in relation to your application for credit (including in relation to any guarantor application) and to manage our relationship with you as credit provider. This means that we may use your information: (i) to process your application for credit and other related products and services, including insurance; (ii) to manage your account and any credit contract we enter into with you; (iii) to provide services to you related to your credit application, any credit contract we enter into with you and any other related services or products; (iv) to assist you to manage your debts; (vi) to collect any amounts you owe to us and prevent crimes; (vii) to provide information about you to a guarantor or prospective guarantor; (viii) to provide to you offers or information of other goods and services we may be able to provide to you related to your application for credit; (ix) to comply with legal, regulatory, security, processing or audit policies or requirements (and we may disclose your personal information to any person or entity in order to comply with such matters); (x) to conduct, monitor and analyse our business; (xi) to provide your information to any of our successors or assigns; (xii) on an aggregated basis, to undertake statistical analysis and market research; and (xv) for any other purpose related to your application, your account and any credit contract we enter into with you.
Your personal information that we obtain is used, subject to compliance with the Privacy Act and credit reporting laws, only for the purposes set out in this statement and is not disclosed to any other person except with your permission or as set out in this statement or as permitted, or required, by law. Further, you acknowledge that your personal information may be disclosed, in accordance with this statement or as required by law to persons who may be located in countries outside Australia, which may not have laws comparable to the Privacy Act to protect such personal information.
What information can be disclosed?
The Privacy Act allows certain of your personal information (including information about any guarantor referred to in this application) to be disclosed, including:
• details to identify you, such as your name, sex, date of birth, current and 2 previous addresses, your current and last known employer, and your driver's licence number;
• the fact that you have applied for credit and the amount or that we are a current credit provider to you, or that you have agreed to be a guarantor;
• advice that payments previously notified as unpaid are no longer overdue;
• payments overdue for at least 60 days and for which collection action has started;
• cheques for more than $100 drawn by you which have been dishonoured more than once;
• in specified circumstances, that in our opinion you have committed a serious credit infringement;
• the fact that credit provided to you by us has been paid or otherwise discharged; and
• other information about credit standing, worthiness, history or capacity that credit providers can disclose under the Act, including a credit report.
Who can give or obtain information?
We, any introducer, dealer or broker referred to in the credit application, the supplier of any product for which you have applied for credit, any agent of ours assisting in processing the credit application, and any other entities involved in your credit contract with us or related products (including any insurer or prospective insurer) or engaged by us to provide services to us which relate to any aspect of our business that is involved in our assessment of your application or the provision of credit to you (eg, entities providing funding to us, professional advisers (eg, lawyers), agents and contractors, or collection agencies) may:
• exchange credit information about you with each other; and
• exchange credit information about you with any credit reporting agency and any other provider of credit to you named in your credit application or a credit report from a credit reporting agency.
We may give a guarantor, or a person who is considering becoming a guarantor, credit information about you for the purpose of enabling the guarantor to decide whether to act as guarantor or to keep informed about the guarantee.
When can information be obtained or disclosed?
This information can be obtained or disclosed before, during or after the provision of credit, for the various purposes prescribed by the Privacy Act, including:
• assessing your application for consumer or commercial credit or to be a guarantor for the applicant, assessing your credit worthiness, managing your loan or the arrangements under which your loan is funded or collecting overdue payments;
• if you are in default under a credit agreement, notifying and exchanging information with, other credit providers and any collection agent of ours; and
• to allow a credit reporting agency to create or maintain a credit information file about you.
You agree that we and third parties who provide related services and products to us may use your personal information to contact you about services or products which may be of interest to you. If you do not wish to be contacted for marketing purposes by us or related third parties for these purposes, please indicate by ticking this box.
Receiving commercial electronic messages
You consent to us sending commercial electronic messages (including messages about our products and services and the products and services of any third party) to any electronic address which you provide or for which you are responsible. You warrant that you have authority, either as or on behalf of the electronic account holder, to provide this consent and agree that until you withdraw your consent by providing written notice to us or using an unsubscribe facility in the message, we may continue to send commercial electronic messages to those addresses.
By confirming your authorisation and consent below, you:
• acknowledge having read and understood this statement and that you agree with the contents of this statement
• consent to us obtaining, using and disclosing your personal information in accordance with this statement, and
• you authorise the other persons named to give and obtain and disclose your personal information, in accordance with the details specified in this statement.